- Student Chapters
Membership with the CSCE Toronto Section
The Toronto Section has been a vibrant local section of the CSCE over the years. The Section is actively involved in developing a diverse program encompassing several disciplines and projects of interest to civil engineers within the Greater Toronto Area. The Section presents unique and informative technical presentations at various locations throughout the year. With three Student Chapters (Ryerson University University of Toronto, and York University) the Section also offers support to local chapters and even hosts some student-centric events throughout the year.
Apart from the technical presentations, the Toronto Section offers other professional development activities such as Site Tours, CSCE National Lecture Tour, Networking Mixers, and Symposium/ Workshops in partnership with other technical societies.
How to Become a Member
Download an application form
- Application Form for General Membership
- Application Form for Corporate Membership
- Application Form for Student Membership
OR request a form from CSCE National:
CSCE National Headquarters
4920 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Montreal, QC H3Z1N1
If you have any questions about CSCE memberships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services and Benefits
- Discounts on books and other technical publications which present the state of the art in specialty areas.
- Discounts on CSCE sponsored specialty conferences (national and international p technically by participating on technical committees.
- Opportunities to network and develop professionally by participating in the planning of activities for the practising engineer and attending local CSCE activities.
- Staying abreast of technological developments through the reading of the Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering.
- Staying aware of civil engineering practice and current major projects, civil engineers in the news, job opportunities, etc., on a monthly basis through the Canadian Civil Engineer magazine.
- Opportunities to participate in international events, projects and committees as official CSCE or Canadian representatives.
- Opportunities to share and learn from the varied experiences of peer civil engineers.
- Opportunities to market our own skills and abilities among potential employers.
- Opportunities to market the specialized products and services offered by our organizations to a targeted group of engineers.
*Post Adapted from http://www.csceedmonton.org/membership, December 2011